Food Safety, Quality and Efficiency Solutions
Michigan’s food and agriculture business is flourishing with opportunity, currently generating more than $101 billion for the Michigan economy and employing more than 130,000 residents. Now more than ever, food processing companies are being faced with new challenges, as well as new opportunities for growth. Many small to medium-sized Michigan food processors who cannot immediately invest in new facilities and equipment, or who are experiencing other issues, are turning to MMTC for guidance.
For years, Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC) has been consulting with and assisting food processors with top and bottom-line improvements by leveraging its 20 plus years of experience in manufacturing. MMTC’s Food Processing Professionals are ANSI Certified in Food Safety through NSF to ensure they help Michigan Food Processors with all of their operational needs without compromising food safety.
MMTC helps companies maximize operational efficiencies in the handling, processing, packaging, warehousing, and distribution of food and food products. While continuously focusing on maintaining safety standards, MMTC also provides the following services to food processors:
Food Tools of the Trade Program
A three day program designed specifically for food processors, Food Tools of the Trade walks food processors through the necessary steps when taking a smaller business to a more advanced production operation. If you are looking to grow your operation, having difficulty meeting demands, needing to develop a solid foundation of a food safety system, focusing on keeping complex equipment running in better than new condition, and/or wanting to maximize operational efficiencies, Food Tools of the Trade is a perfect fit for your business solution needs. Whether you have 15 or 500 employees, this accelerated program will focus on the most effective principles of efficiently creating your product.
Register for an Upcoming Class
MMTC has extensive experience in assisting food processors with process improvement opportunities. Our Food Processing Professionals have successfully implemented the following proven techniques:
- 5S/Visual Workplace
- A3 Problem Solving
- Standardized Work Method
- Capacity Utilization
- Total Productive Maintenance
Quality and Safety Enhancement
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's): MMTC provides support in establishing GMP's and process standardization in accordance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), which focuses on a safe U.S. food supply and contamination prevention.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF): The SQF program provides certification that a supplier’s food safety and quality management system complies with international and domestic food safety regulations. This certification assures food has been produced, processed, prepared, and handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain. Under our Prepare and Implement program, MMTC provides support in developing and maintaining an effective SQF system.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP): HACCP is a food safety management system that relies on process controls to minimize food safety risks. It provides a structure for assessing risks and putting controls in place to minimize those risks - relying on extensive verification and documentation to ensure that food safety has not been compromised at any step of an operation. HACCP also provides basic industry-accepted food quality and safety standards and complements other quality systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO 22000. MMTC can assist in the establishing, assessing, and improvement of a HACCP program.
Business Growth Services
MMTC helps food processors achieve sustainable growth by building a custom roadmap of your business. Have you thought about any of the following? MMTC can formulate a concise plan to achieve your goals.
- Customer Cultivation and Sales Training
- Diversification: Grow in new markets, both domestically and internationally
- Innovation: Grow with new products and services
- Website and Digital Outreach
MMTC’s extensive expertise of food processing efficiencies and process improvements spans every link from farm to fork including certification, training, consulting, auditing and regulatory compliance. MMTC’s on-site consulting services have proven successful by:
- Maximizing production capacity with increased throughput by better utilizing existing resources (i.e. time, personnel, and equipment).
- Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks to streamline production.
- Eliminating waste and downtime.
- Improving website presence to best promote your product and effectively pursue new customers in like or new markets.
- Implementing high value ROI operational improvements including rapid improvement events, visual controls, operational flow and standard work documentation.
- Assisting with new product launches involving new processes and new equipment.
- Enhancing workforce base knowledge to drive better employee engagement.
McClure's Pickles | Detroit, MI
Garden Fresh Gourmet | Ferndale, MI
Cherry Republic | Traverse City, MI
Michigan Sugar Company | Bay County, MI
Your success is important to us. Hosted by experienced business consulting professionals, MMTC’s wide array of training opportunities and events will address your manufacturing needs. To search upcoming food processing and manufacturing seminars or free events, CLICK HERE.
MMTC has five locations located throughout Michigan. For more information about training sessions, seminars, or to learn more about Michigan Manufacturing Technology center, call 888.414.6682 or email email@example.com.